Blog 7 - An expert on my field

Hello everybody! Thanks to visit my post. This time I wana talk about an expert on design that I admire. He’s name is Santiago Nattino. He was a Publicist and Graphic Designer. He was killed with other two members of the Communist Party of Chile, by a Carabinero’s group. That case was called “Caso Degollados”.

He was an excellent draftsman and publicist, working on politic campaigns and propaganda. He was the creator of the Banco Estado’s pet - a duck – in 1954 and layouted and designed the “Guía del Campesino”. In 1970 he produced posters and flyers for the Salvador Allende’s presidencial campaign.

I admire him because he studied here, in Universidad de Chile; was a member of the Communist Party, participed in social works and he even worked in the dictatorship, meanwhile he was being persecuted. He was and extraordinal Graphic Designer, not just for his career, but also for the kind of compromise what he had every day, until his death.

He is, for me, an example of person.


Comentarios

Entradas populares